Apple Peanut Butter Granola Rings
- 1 cup Cinnamon-Pecan Granola (recipe below or use your favorite Granola)
- 1/4 cup natural-style peanut butter
- 1 Tbsp. honey
- 2 red or green apples, cored and cut into 6 rings
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 1 Tbsp water
- 2 tsp. canola oil
- 1/2 tsp. ground cinnamon
- 1 cup uncooked old-fashioned rolled oats
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans
- Cooking spray
To make the granola:
Preheat oven to 300 degrees F. Combine brown sugar and 1 Tbsp water in a medium microwave-safe bowl. Microwave at HIGH 30 seconds or until sugar is dissolved. Stir in oil and cinnamon. Add oats and pecans, stirring until coated. Spread oat mixture on a large rimmed baking sheet coated with cooking spray.
Bake at 300 degrees F for 30 minutes or until browned, stirring twice. Spread mixture in a single layer on wax paper to cool completely. Store in an airtight container.
For apple rings:
Place 1 cup of the granola mixture in a small dish. Combine peanut butter and honey in a small bowl, stirring until smooth. Spread mixture evenly on 1 side of each apple slice. Sprinkle evenly with granola. Enjoy!
* Please note, while the picture shows apples cut in half, the recipe calls for making 3 rings per apple.
Servings: 6 Serving Size: 2 Rings Calories: 179 Fat: 10.1g
Carbs: 20.4 g Fiber: 2.5 g Protein: 4.3 g
Recipe courtesy of Eat Yourself Skinny
Leave a Reply
You must be logged in to post a comment.